The VULCAN® IW165 Industrial Welder is a professional class TIG welder that weighs just 20 lb., making it ideal for field work. Designed with dependability and performance in mind, this TIG welder gives you the ability to do both lift start and high frequency starting. Dual voltage 120/240V input with auto-sense feature gives you the flexibility to weld anywhere you want, whenever you want. The IW165 is capable of GTAW (DC), GTAW-P (DC) and SMAW (DC) processes over a wide variety of materials including stainless, chrome-moly and ferrous cast materials. Industry leading portability makes the VULCAN® IW165 a perfect choice for onsite maintenance, process piping, food/beverage industry and automotive. Ready to weld out of the box.
- DC TIG and DC Stick from a single power source for ultimate versatility
- High frequency arc starting for ultimate arc quality
- Built-in pulsing for increased travel speeds and minimized heat distortion
- Weighs only 20 lb. - ideal for field use
- Lift arc starting capable for maximum versatility
- Dual voltage technology capable of 120/240V input
- Inverter technology for highest quality output and maximum efficiency
- 120V and 240V power cords are included
IW165 Industrial Welder With 120/240V Input
- Brand: VULCAN
- Model: IW165
- Accessories Included: Vulcan 140A TIG torch 12-1/2 ft., Gas nozzle (#4, #5, & #6), collets & bodies (0.040", 1/16", & 3/32"), 2% ceriated tungsten (0.040", 1/16", & 3/32"), Work cable and clamp 10 ft. with DINSE-style connection, 150A electrode holder and cable 10 ft. with DINSE-style connection , Foot remote control, Ar/CO2 flow gauge regulator and hose 6 ft., 120V input cable with plug (NEMA 5-15P) 10 ft., 240V input cable with plug (NEMA 6-50P) 10 ft.
- Amperage (amps): 120V: 10-130A (DC TIG) / 10-90A (DC Stick); 240V: 10-165A (DC TIG) / 10-165A (DC Stick)
- Application: Light industrial applications including: on-site maintenance, process piping, food/beverage industry, aerospace, automotive
- Certification: CSA
- Duty cycle: GTAW: 120V: 130A / 15.2V / 25%, 21.4A input, 240V: 165A / 16.6V/30%, 14.7A input; SMAW: 120V: 90A / 23.6V / 25% , 21.4A input, 240V: 165A / 26.6V / 30%, 22.4A input
- Product Height: 12 in.
- Product Length: 15 in.
- Product Weight: 20 lb.
- Product Width: 7-1/2 in.
- Shipping Weight: 51.90 lb.
- Thermal Overload Protection (y/n): Yes
- Open Circuit Voltage: 15V (GTAW & SMAW)
- Weldable metals: steel, stainless steel, chrome-moly steel, steel castings
- Welding capacities: 120V: Steel: 0.020 in. - 1/8 in.;240V: Steel: 0.020 in. - 3/16 in.
- Electrode Size: Stick welder uses 1/16 in. to 1/8 in. electrodes; TIG welder (shielding gas is needed) uses 0.040 in. to 5/64 in. tungsten electrodes.
- Input Voltage: 120/240