Self-Propelled Model with Variable Speed Drive
Our new self-propelled model makes moving from one stump to another super easy—even over rough terrain. Each wheel has a separate drive so cornering is smooth and easy. And a protective shroud covers the grinding teeth during transport.
With the power of a world-class DR engine with 11.7 HP (19.6 ft-lbs gross torque*) and carbide-tipped cutting teeth, the STG XLSP Stump Grinder has the power to reduce any stump to wood chips. It's the quickest, easiest way to remove eyesores and tripping hazards!
Unlike commonly available grinders that are heavy and cumbersome, the Stump Grinder is light, without sacrificing strength and durability. Constructed of 12-gauge steel, it is light enough for anyone to handle.
So, why accept those landscape eyesores on your property? Eliminate stumps the easy way and open up new possibilities—expand lawn areas; open up fields and meadows; blaze new trails; and remove mowing hazards.
- Simple Operation - Position the DR Stump Grinder over a stump, lock one wheel in place with the wheel brake, engage the cutting head, and pivot easily from side to side, shaving off an inch or so with each pass. Reposition the machine and repeat until the entire stump is reduced to a pile of wood chips.
- Self Propelled - Our dual shaft transmission, with built in differential, makes for smooth, easy, self-propelled transport between job sites.
- Protective Shroud - While in transport mode, the shroud prevents the spinning teeth from running aground. Once you arrive at your destination and disengage the drive, it’s easy to expose the teeth (no tools required).
- Mining grade teeth - the cutter head features 8 steel teeth that are tipped with mining-grade tungsten carbide a material 10 times harder than steel and which is used for drilling through bedrock. Spinning at 2800 rpm, these teeth take a remarkable 360 "bites" per second!
- Engine - Our OHV engine (389cc) with electric-starting provides 11.7 HP (19.6 ft-lbs gross torque*) — all the muscle you need to power through the toughest hardwood stumps of any size.
- Simple hand controls - Control the wheel brakes and engine throttle right from the handle bars. Lock one wheel in place while you pivot the machine back and forth to grind away a stump. Unlock and reposition as needed, right from your working position.
- Dual shaft transmission with built in differential
- 8 replaceable tungsten carbide-tipped grinding teeth
- Easy-rolling, knobby tires (12.5" x 4")
- Locking hand brake lets you pivot on one wheel while grinding
- Dimensions: 51"L x 29"W x 33-39"H (adjustable)
- Weight: 207 lbs
STGSP Self Propelled Stump Grinder
- Clutch Yes
- Number of Teeth 8
- Tooth RPM 2,800
- Length 51 in
- Width 29 in
- Height 39 in
- Weight 187 lbs
- Shipping Dimensions 54.75 in L x 35.5 in W x 45.25 in H
- Handlebar Height Adjustable at 33 in, 37 in, 40 in
- Shipping Weight 233 lbs
- Starting Type Electric
- Ft Lbs Torque 19.6 ft-lbs gross torque (per SAE J1940)
- Horsepower 11.7 HP
- Displacement 389 cc
- Engine Type OHV
- Number Of Cylinders 1
- Air Filter Paper
- Pre Cleaner Yes
- Oil Capacity 37 oz
- Oil Filter No
- Lubrication Splash
- Oil Type 30W HD
- Cooling Methods Air
- Engine Shaft Diameter 1"
- Choke/Primer Choke
- Fuel Capacity 3.2 Qrts
- Fuel Shutoff Value Yes
- CARB Certified Yes
- Type Self-Propelled
- Optimized Using FEA For Strength Yes
- Assembly Yes
- Frame 12 gauge
- Handlebar Style Height adjustable (with tools) 33", 37", 40"
- Cutting Blade Material Replaceable carbide tipped teeth
- Grease Fittings Yes
- Towable No
- Number of Tires 2
- Tire Size 12.5 x 4 inch
- Wheel Brake with Lock Yes
- Dimensions 15 x 4.75"
- Tread Saw Tooth