This plate compactor has been fully rebuilt, undergone a 15 point inspection by our specialized Wacker Neuson technicians and is in incredible shape. This compactor has also been equipped with a brand new Honda gx160 5.5 hp engine.
The WP premium plate series feature a computer designed base plate that has a tapered bottom and edges for high speed and excellent maneuverability. Designed for the compaction of granular, mixed materials with some cohesive content. Water tank models are available for asphalt applications. These plates have set the standard for performance and durability in confined areas such as parking lots, highway and bridge construction, next to structures, curbs and abutments. WP plates are also popular for landscape applications for subbase and paver compaction.
- Engine compression ~ 100%
- Speed ~100%
- Lightweight, high-strength components keep machine weight down and allow for easy handling.
- Straight, center-mounted guide handle offers superior maneuverability and can be lowered within inches of the surface to operate the plate under obstacles and form work.
- Tough, wear resistant ductile iron base plate offers durability and shock resistance.
- Water tank models have a large capacity polyethylene tank that includes a large filter inside the tank to prevent clogging during operation and can be easily removed for cleaning and draining.
- Asphalt models include a spray bar with angled holes to allow for complete water coverage for no asphalt pick up on the plate bottom.
- Item #1158
Wacker WP1550 Plate Compactor
- Model: WP1550
- Engine: air-cooled, 4 cycle, single cylinder, gasoline Honda GX160 engine
- Weight: 196.2 lbs
- Centrifugal force lbfs: 3375
- Base Plate: 19.6 x 22.8
- Hp: 5.5
- Advance travel ft/min: 82
- Power transmission: Power transmission from engine via centrifugal clutch and V-belt onto exciter which transmits centrifugal force onto baseplate